Welcome to Lamia CitySDK Endpoint
About the CitySDK Platform / API
The CitySDK API is a linked data distribution platform being developed by Waag Society. It enables the linking of (mobility) datasets and city services. Linking a database with planned roadworks to a route planning service for instance. Or enabling citizens to report the nuisance due to roadworks, or perhaps better, let them offer alternative routes to their fellow citizens.
The CitySDK API is part of an open source European Project, which means that it offers one interoperable interface for 8 different cities (Amsterdam, Helsinki, Manchester, Lisbon, Istanbul, Lamia, Rome, Barcelona) across the continent. It is a powerful tool to make more and better use of the huge amount of available open data. The CitySDK project focuses on three different domains: Participation (issue reporting), Mobility and Tourism.
Benefits of CitySDK Platform
CitySDK is a powerful tool because it...
- Is a one-stop-shop for developers: with standardized interfaces, developers can build better apps and services for end users and governments.
- Offers Pan-European access to datasets, which ensures easy scalability of applications.
- Enables the Read/Write City: add a layer and annotate any of the objects and data in the city.
- Provides efficient and transparent data exchange between citizens, and from and to the city council.
- Enables innovation for businesses, media and citizens.
- Manages the constant technological change: adding new datasets and services is made easy.
- Is released as Open Source: community supported, and can easily be implemented and amended to local needs.
CitySDK Platform Features
- Open API, Open Source
- Ruby API gem
- No access keys for reading
- Write access for data owners and app developers
- CMS for data owners for easy integration of new datasets
- Mapping service (in CMS)
- Map Viewer, Geocoding
- Standardized interface in 8 cities
- JSON and RDF API written in Ruby + Sinatra
- Data stored in PostgreSQL/PostGIS database (caching with memcached)
If your city is interested in CitySDK and the API interface and toolkit, or if you are a developer looking to develop apps that work in different European cities, then get in touch via CitySDK Support.
Adding your own data
If you are a data owner the CitySDK API offers a user-friendly CMS. It makes it easy to upload and (automatically) update your static and realtime datasets. To get a login, send an email to CitySDK Support.
Cities & Partners
The Mobility API is developed as part of the European CitySDK Project. CitySDK is creating a toolkit for the development of digital services within cities. The toolkit is comprised of open and interoperable digital service interfaces as well as processes, guidelines and usability standards. CitySDK enables a more efficient utilisation of the expertise and know-how of developer communities to be applied in city service development.
CitySDK is working in the areas of participation, mobility and tourism and has eight cities across Europe as partners: Helsinki, Barcelona, Amsterdam, Manchester, Lamia, Istanbul, Lisbon and Rome.
CitySDK project site:
CitySDK Mobility API endpoint:
Visualisation of CitySDK Mobility data:
Most important data sources available through the API, at this moment:
- General base layer of information and geography (OpenStreetMap).
- Public transport, schedules and real-time (openOV)
- Amsterdam infrastructure and transportation data (DIVV)
- Further data contributors available through the
/layersAPI or in the CMS.
- Boundaries data of municipality of Lamia
- GTFS data of urban bus stops and lines in municipality of Lamia
- GTFS data of inter-urban bus stops and lines in municipality of Lamia
- Points of Interest Map Visualization in municipality of Lamia
- Points of Events Map Visualization in municipality of Lamia
- Cultural and Tourist Resources of the Area of municipality of Lamia
- Cultural and Tourist Resources - Interactive Map
- Cultural and Tourist Resources - 360 degree Photos
- Cultural and Tourist Resources - Aerial 360 degree Photos